I have a few tips to ensure your Supermicro IPMI configurations are easy to manage and deal with,
- When possible have the IPMI Web Interface on a private network (not facing the internet).
- Always patch IPMI to the latest firmware release.
- Always patch the underlying motherboard BIOS to the latest release.
- Always disable the default user account and any guest / anonymous user accounts
- Create a custom admin login that is not the default “ADMIN”.
- Document and know how to use the varying Supermicro IPMI cmd line utilities, just in case!