Apache Ant is a Java library and command-line tool that help building software. Here’s how to install Apache ANT on Windows 7.
1. Download the latest ANT zip archive at http://ant.apache.org/.
2. Unzip the package and rename the folder to “ant”.
3. Copy the “ant” folder to the desired location, say at the root of drive D.
4. Run the command prompt as Administrator and set the environmental variables for ANT and JAVA (Note: Set ANT_HOME to the uncompressed ant folder and JAVA_HOME to the Java JDK folder. If JAVA_HOME is incorrectly set, ANT cannot locate the needed tools.jar) as follows:
set ANT_HOME=D:\ant set JAVA_HOME=D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09 set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin
5. Check whether ANT works correctly or not by using the command prompt.
6. You’re done if you see the ANT version.
Screenshot of the example: